AHEAD of the Scottish Budget for 2024 to 2025, Martin Reid, RHA Policy Director for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland has delivered the RHA’s submission to the Scottish Government, highlighting the fact that the costs of operating an HGV have increased by 9% excluding fuel over the last 12 months.
- The RHA submissions asks the Scottish Government to: Honour existing commitments on critical infrastructure and increase investment.
- Rationalise HGV speed limits to match the rest of the UK.
- Support reform of the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Reduce the disparity in skills funding with England.
- Reform planning to support the creation of safe and secure lorry and coach parking facilities in Scotland.