THE government’s ambition is to reach an agreement with the EU to maintain existing liberal access for commercial hauliers, but hauliers can prepare contingency plans for the unlikely event of a ‘no deal’ by applying for an ECMT permit to continue working in the EU.

Applications open on 26 November 2018. Hauliers need to be registered on the Vehicles Operator Licensing system to apply.

Read guidance on GOV.UK to find out more.

Share this story